Brussels is a rich city. We mean: rich when it comes to citizen initiatives. Understanding Brussels, as a city in deep transformation, means primarily understanding the initiatives that make the city thrive.
However, there is not a single repository of projects where active citizens can find the initiatives that they can support or want to offer. Information is scattered in social media silos, closed groups, newsletters and unstructured and outdated webs. We will make all the transformation initiatives that we can identify in Brussels more visible and appealing, so we increase their chances to thrive. How might we improve the search and discovery of some of the best initiatives that are “reinventing Brussels”? Reinventing Brussels aims at creating and maintaining a web information ecosystem managed by a community of volunteers that map the city and incorporate the initiatives in a web database. In this workshop, after a short explanation of the various activities of Reinventing Brussels, we will agree on the first pillars of the website information architecture. You will be asked to test the current labels of the inventory and make suggestions to improve them. At the end of the workshop we will work on ways to attract and facilitate the city mappers community.
What are you participating to?
– Show the website.
– Explain the current site information architecture
– Card sorting exercise: Test the labels we have selected with future users of the website.
– Start an online community of city mappers that will contribute to enriching the website with new information.
What’s in it for you?
– Join a great community.
– Contribute actively to this new platform.
– Get a glimpse of the already 250 collected initiatives.
– Become more aware of the surprising richness of Brussels and the emerging future city.
We are very happy to get access to a great venu: Namahn
Register on Meetup: